Updates and discoveries…
- I’m leaving for the internship on Tuesday.
- I’ll be on the East Tour just like we prayed for! The schedule is here if you want to check it out. 12 states. 3 months. Excitement abounds.
- Packing for three months is really hard.
- My neighbor, his wife, and their grandson will be at one of the Tour stops competing. (So cool!)
- Tomorrow is my last day at work, and while the girl replacing me is fantastic, I’m going to miss the easy routine and client interaction.
- God has the best plans. This isn’t really a discovery because I’ve known for years, but He keeps proving His sovereignty and supreme awesomeness over every detail in my life and am blessed and overwhelmed.
- First and foremost that God would protect us (physically, emotionally, spiritually).
- That He will use this time to minister to me and through me to others. This is a mission experience even if I’m not going to Africa.
That I’ll be placed on the East Tour.(Answered prayer!) A laptop with a big HD. I’ll be taking three online classes this summer while we’re on the tour in order to graduate from the community college and go to Murray in the fall, a laptop is a necessity.(Answered prayer!)
- That the people on the tour will be “good” people, and that there would be at least one true believer.
- That the online classes will go smoothly and that balance between work, school and free time will come easily.
- That God would be with my parents and help them through this time of watching their “baby” grow up and leave the home.
- Not related to the internship but a prayer request nonetheless, that God will supply the finances for fall tuition (and every semester thereafter) at Murray. I know God wants me there so I know He will provide the means to make it happen. He never fails. (He’s already doing this! Isn’t He awesome?!)
- Related to that, I pray that God will grant me favor in the eyes of the people selecting the scholarships.
- Also related to finances in the fall, I pray that God would give me a good job that will work around school/newspaper.
- An awesome roommate at Murray.
I will praise Him if He does all this and I will praise Him if He takes me a completely different way. He has the best plans and I will trust Him with my heart, dreams, and life, come what may. He is worthy of praise despite my feelings and circumstances.
“Many are the plans in the heart of man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand.” – Proverbs 19:21