Six months later I’m writing another blog.
God has done some huge things since December, here are a few random things that have happened over the last few months…
- Finished a full year of studies at Murray State.
- Hired as Sports Editor for the Murray State News.
- Went to Ecuador, South America for missions.
- God brought Himself glory through the most embarrassing moment of my life.
- The Lord has stretched my comfort zone too many ways to list.
- Adopted a Compassion Child! (Suleiman Ali, he’s seven and from Kenya, Africa)
- Being a sports writer for the newspaper I was able to build relationships with athletes, coaches and sports information people that I never would have been able to, which has led to opportunities to share the Gospel as well as receive more encouragement than I have space to write about from people I would have never expected, including a Green Bay Packer.
- God surrounded me with so many amazing friends at Murray and has given me the amazing honor, privilege and responsibility of leading some of the brightest and beautiful girls in the Word and in their walks. So humbling.
- Did a ‘Works of the Flesh’ and ‘Fruits of the Spirit’ study. So powerful.
- Read 1 & 2 Peter, Deuteronomy, Psalms, Proverbs, Romans, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, 1 & 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 John, Philemon, James and Isaiah. (Isaiah is my new favorite book of the Bible. SO GOOD!)
- Went to Passion 2011 with my sister. Too many memories to name… God is so huge!
- He redirected my summer plans and placed me in a situation that forced me to seek His advice and approval more than others.
- Discovered Elisabeth Elliot is my hero (more on this to come).
I can think of so many others but they all have long stories attached to them and I don’t have the time to write all of those out.
|Murray State Campus Outreach crew at New Years Conference|
This summer I’m staying home and interning at my church, transcribing sermons and organizing a summer discipleship project for the 10-14 year old girls called True Beauty, where we will learn and discuss what a godly woman looks like. From cooking, cleaning and sewing, to etiquette, purity and modesty, we will explore Gospel-centered topics that reveal glimpses of God’s heart and desire in designing the complex infrastructure known as the female.
I’m really excited about staying home and being with my family, but I do miss all my Murray friends who are in Orlando for the Campus Outreach Summer Project. So many prayers being lifted up for them! God is going to do huge things for them and I cannot wait to hear about it!
There are so many things that I want to say. So many things God has done that I want to share, but time escapes me and so does the proper amount of space for a blog that will keep people’s attention.
Here is my favorite verse of the moment, dive into this little nugget and swim around in the God’s love for awhile: