Repeat after me:
It’s not my circumstances that are the problem, it’s the way I view them.
This repetition is continual practice for me as the last couple of months have proven that I’m still looking at things from my perspective, not through the lens of the Gospel.
So I started asking myself some questions. There are so many more we could ask ourselves, and maybe you have some more to add that can help us continue to shape a Gospel-oriented mindset? If so, I would l o v e to hear them.
DO YOU HAVE EYES THAT SEE…
- The Lord as the only source of goodness (Psalm 16:1)?
- God’s incomparable holiness (Isaiah 40:28, 25)?
- God’s demand for your holiness (1 Peter 1:14-16, 1 John 2:5b-6)?
- That by serving the “least of these” you are serving Christ (Matthew 29:40)?
- Sin as exceedingly sinful (Romans 7:13)?
- That God created you as His masterpiece (Ephesians 2:10, Psalm 139)?
- God’s grace as sufficient for every single thing you face in life (2 Corinthians 12:9)?
- Beauty in the ashes (Isaiah 61:3)?
- God’s strength in your weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9)?
- Death as life (Luke 9:23-25)?
- The Bible as the only way to purity and life (Psalm 119:9, 50)?
- Your heart as desperately wicked (Jeremiah 17:9)?
- You desperate need for Christ’s atoning sacrifice (2 Corinthians 5:21)?
- Your help comes only from the Lord (Isaiah 41:13)?
- That it pleased God to crush His spotless Son for you (Isaiah 53:10)?
- God’s flawless sovereignty, love, justice and mercy even in the hardships, trials and terrible situations and circumstances of this life (Romans 8:28)?
- Everything as a tool in the hands of a loving Father to shape you more and more into the image of Christ (Ephesians 4:13, 2 Corinthians 3:17-18)?